Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Olivia & Kevin {Engagement}


Olivia + Kevin = Love bugs. Literally. They love each other and they love VW bugs! They have one each! How's that for a match made in Heaven? I've known Olivia for a couple years now, and it was great to be able to photograph her and her new fiance. Olivia's mom lives on a gorgeous, and I mean GORGEOUS, piece of property down on the flats. It's so beautiful in fact, that if I had the money, I would buy it right now! There were so many great spots to take pictures here and around the place, and Olivia and Kevin had some great props and ideas. Olivia told me how romantic it is to have your photos done with your loved one, and it totally is! I hadn't really thought of it before, but these two showed me that it is! Olivia and Kevin,  anyone looking at you two would know that it's true love. Thank you for letting me share a little bit of it through my camera. Keep the love alive, God first, and your marriage will be blessed. 




Of course if you know me, you know I love dogs. So naturally, I would include them in the photos! Actually we had no choice but to put them inside after awhile because they wanted to be in every photo. And of course, they are not the center of attention in this chase! But I can't complain, there were puppies to play with after all!








Stunning, stunning, stunning ring!!



Cute bikes? Yes please!



I love this black and white one.



See? I told you! His/Hers cars. Isn't that awesome? Seriously, when I saw them,  I died.




We then proceeded (or attempted) to take pictures in some farmers corn. Not any old farmer. A farmer that, from personal experience, does not like people on his field. When Dustin and I got married, we got Dustin's dad to go ask for permission, and (thank you, Lord) he said yes! We did not ask for permission this time, and we thought we were in the clear because of the tall corn surrounding us. We were safe, until his big JD tractor drove by which caused Olivia to panic and I got this shot...


Haha. So funny! So I quickly snapped a couple more photos and we got out of there lickady-split! I don't think Kevin quite understood the consequences we could now be facing had we been spotted, but we didn't face the wrath of the farmer. Hopefully Olivia's mom hasn't gotten any calls...









The sunset was absolutely gorgeous. I hope the rest of October is like this!



And that concludes my favourites! Sorry there were so many, I just couldn't choose! Every photoshoot I do I learn more and more and can't wait to see what I learn next time! Thanks Olivia and Kevin for being so natural and easy to photograph! You're a beautiful couple inside and out. 


2 comments:

  1. I am so very thrilled (as the mum of Kevin and very-near-future-mum-in-law of Olivia) at what you captured here Kelena. The fact that I had goosebumps on my arm, and then emotions of tears of joy at looking at some of your photos, is what a great photographer aims to illicit. You captured their love and adoration for each other, you captured the fun they have together, you captured the similarities they share with their love of VW bugs (that photo is perfect!), the old style pedal bikes, and even their "first family" with Milo and Maggie and their love of dogs. Great work!!! Thanks so much.
    Mum Buehler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mrs. Buehler for your kind words! It's very encouraging as I'm still learning the ropes of photography. I really appreciate you leaving a comment and I'm so thrilled you like the photos! They are so fun to be around those too, and I can tell you raised a great son!

    ReplyDelete